EDFA(Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier)
EDFA is the abbreviation of "Erbium-doped Optical Fiber Amplifier" in English, which means erbium-doped fiber amplifier.
It is an active optical device that amplifies signal light. The main function is to compensate the signal light in the transmission link.
EDFA (Erbiur Doped Fiber Amplifer) is a representative one of fiber amplifiers. Since the EDFA has a working wavelength of 1550 nm, which is consistent with the low loss band of the optical fiber and its technology is relatively mature, it is widely used. The erbium-doped fiber is the core component of EDFA. It uses quartz fiber as the matrix material and incorporates a certain proportion of rare earth element strontium ions (Er3+) into its core. When a certain pump light is injected into the erbium-doped fiber, Er3+ is excited from the low energy level to the high energy level. Since Er3+ has a short lifetime at high energy levels, it quickly enters the higher energy level in the form of non-radiative transition. A population inversion distribution is formed between the energy level and the low energy level. Since the energy difference between the two energy levels is exactly equal to the energy of the 1550 nm photon, only the stimulated radiation of 1550 nm light can occur, and only the optical signal of 1550 nm can be amplified.
The module is an integrated erbium-doped fiber amplifier, which is divided into two types: photoelectric integrated EDFA module and optical gain module. It has the characteristics of small size, low power consumption and convenient use. It can be easily installed in various ways according to the user's use. Such application systems, such as in SDH racks, CATV boxes, and DWDM system racks.
1. High quality: The pre-stage pump is generally 980nm, the latter stage is pumped 1480nm, and the power is optimized by software to minimize the NF of the EDFA, which is comparable to the so-called low-power light. The system can achieve excellent CNR.
2. Reliability: It adopts 19′′ 1U standard rack, built-in high-performance switching power supply, can work in 85∽265Vac city network voltage, and also can choose DC48V power supply (reservation required); chassis heat dissipation can be automatic temperature control.
3. Intuitiveness: The pump laser is the most expensive device of the whole machine. The microprocessor inside the machine monitors the working state of the pump laser, and the working parameters are displayed by the LCD window of the panel.
1. Network management type: The optional status monitoring transponder is guaranteed to meet the national standard and is compatible with the SCTE HMS standard, which can realize the network management monitoring function.
2. Power plug-in type: The aluminum-type structure plug-in switching power supply is beneficial for heat dissipation and replacement. And dual power supply hot and cold backup.
3. The output optical power is adjustable: the output optical power can be adjusted in the range (-3dB), which needs special instructions when ordering.