As mentioned above, an SAN Switch is a network device based on Ethernet to realize data transmission and exchange. So what are its main functions?
1. Can provide network interface to realize interconnection: The main function of SAN Switch in network system is to provide network interface for network equipment to realize the interconnection between equipment.
2. Expandable network interface: Generally, the SAN Switch has up to 48 ports. When the network demand is large, the SAN Switch can be stacked to meet the network demand.
3. Scalable network range: The connection between SAN Switches and network equipment depends on the transmission medium, and the transmission distance of each transmission medium is different and limited according to the different network technology adopted by the SAN Switch. When the network coverage area is large, The SAN Switch will relay, double the transmission distance and increase the network range.
4. SAN Switch learning function: The SAN Switch can learn the MAC address of each port connected device, and map the MAC address to the corresponding port and store it in the MAC address table of the switch cache.
5. The forwarding/filtering function of the SAN Switch: When the destination address of a data frame is mapped in the MAC address table, it will be forwarded to the connected destination port.
6. The loop elimination function of the SAN Switch: When the SAN Switch includes a redundant loop, it can avoid the loop through the spanning tree protocol and allow a backup path.
The OPTICO SAN Switch is a self-developed high-performance, high-safety and reliable intelligent SAN Switch. We divide it into a Layer 2 SAN Switch and a Layer 3 SAN Switch according to the working protocol layer of the SAN Switch. Among them, the Layer 2 Ethernet The switch adopts two-layer switching technology, and the three-layer SAN Switch adopts two-layer switching technology and three-layer forwarding technology.
1. Layer 2 SAN Switch
The OPTICO Layer 2 SAN Switch is a green, environmentally friendly and energy-saving SAN Switch. It uses a high-performance, low-power processor, can provide full-speed Gigabit forwarding performance, supports Ethernet line sleep and multiple operating systems (such as Web interface management), with rich business processing capabilities and flexible port combinations, can meet the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises network deployment and campus network high-density access and high-performance convergence.
2. Layer 3 SAN Switch
The OPTICO Layer 3 SAN Switch is a high-performance SAN Switch that meets the requirements of data centers and enterprise networks. It is equipped with complete system software, can provide comprehensive protocols and applications, can promote the rapid deployment of traditional L2/L3 networks, and support Advanced functions such as MLAG, VXLAN, NVGRE and SNMP.
In order to ensure that the SAN Switch can work normally and have a long service life, pay attention to the following matters when using it:
1. Place the SAN Switch in a ventilated and dry area with less dust and weak electromagnetic interference;
2. When placing the SAN Switch, be sure to pay attention to the stability of the switch when placing it to avoid unnecessary losses caused by the fall of the SAN Switch;
3. Enough space should be reserved around the SAN Switch to facilitate the normal heat dissipation of the SAN Switch;
4. Do not place heavy objects on the SAN Switch;
5. Make sure to ground the SAN Switch when using it;
6. The power supply voltage of the power cord must meet the input voltage range of the switch to ensure correct power supply.
With the continuous improvement of the performance and cost reduction of SAN Switches, they are now widely used in enterprise networks and data centers.