Precautions During Installation Of Optical Cable Splice Enclosure Joint Box
1. Lifting equipment such as forklifts or special steps should be used when loading and unloading optical cables. It is strictly forbidden to roll or throw the optical cable reel directly from the vehicle.
2. It is strictly forbidden to lay the optical cable reels with optical cables flat or stacked, and the optical cable reels in the carriage must be protected with wooden blocks.
3. Optical cables should not be reeled multiple times to avoid the integrity of the internal structure of the optical cable. Before laying the optical cable, a single-disk inspection and acceptance should be carried out, such as checking the specifications and models, quantity, test length and attenuation. Each optical cable is attached to the protective plate. Have the product factory inspection certificate (should be kept properly for future inquiries), and be careful not to damage the optical cable when removing the optical cable shield.
4. During the construction process, it should be noted that the bending radius of the optical cable shall not be less than the construction regulations, and the optical cable shall not be excessively bent.
5. Laying overhead optical cables should be pulled by pulleys. The overhead optical cables should avoid friction with buildings, trees and other facilities, and avoid dragging the ground or rubbing with other sharp hard objects to damage the cable sheath. Protective measures should be installed when necessary. It is strictly forbidden to forcibly pull the optical cable after jumping out of the pulley to prevent the optical cable from being crushed and damaged.
6. When designing the optical cable line, try to avoid easy-to-see buildings. If it is unavoidable, the optical cable should take fire protection measures.
7. In the construction of optical cable laying with relatively long sections, if it is necessary to rewind the optical cable, the optical cable must be laid out in accordance with the "8". Make the optical cable completely twisted.
8. The selection of the optical cable connector box must meet the qualified connector box required by the YD/T814-1996 standard to ensure that the radius of curvature of the optical fiber in the connector box is not less than 37.5MM, and the remaining length of the optical fiber in the connector box is not less than 1.6M. The reinforcement is firmly fixed on the connector box, and there will be no twisting between the optical cable and the connector box. The connector box has excellent sealing performance and can prevent the entry of moisture.
9. When the optical cable is connected, the connector attenuation should be based on the average value of the OTDR bidirectional test
10.The installation of the optical cable is completed. If it cannot be connected in time, the two ends of the optical cable should be sealed to prevent moisture from invading the optical fiber.
11. During the connection of the optical cable, if the connection fails many times, it is recommended to cut off a section and then connect it again (the end of the optical cable may be mechanically damaged due to construction).
12.After the optical cable connection is completed, it is advisable to reserve an appropriate amount of optical cable at both ends of the optical cable joint box and firmly coil it on the remaining cable rack.
13. The optical cable reel with optical cable should be rolled in the direction marked on the side of the reel, and the distance should not be too long, generally not more than 20 meters. When rolling, care should be taken to prevent obstacles from damaging the packaging board.
OPTICO COMMUNICATION (www.fiberopticom.com) focuses on the development of fiber optic network communication product lines and provides a comprehensive solution to the fiber connectivity system components. We supply fiber optic components, such as fiber patch cord, PLC splitter, SFP transceiver, MTP/MPO, CWDM/DWDM, FTTH solution, Data center wiring solution, etc. All the products adopt strict quality standards in the production and inspection, ensuring excellent operation performance and good product stability, and safely and reliably ensuring the long-term use of products.
For more details, pls visit OPTICO website: www.fiberopticom.com