Precautions For Fiber Drop Cable Installation
Most of the fiber optic drop cables are single-core or double-core structures, and can also be made into a four-core structure. The cross-section is an 8-shaped cross-section. The reinforcement is located at the center of the two circles. The metal or non-metallic structure can be used. The optical fiber is located at the geometric center of the 8-shaped geometry. However, the technical requirements for laying and wiring the cable in different scenarios are different.
Code for construction of drop cable
1. Before laying a fiber-optic cable at home, the user's residential building type, environmental conditions and existing cable routing should be considered. At the same time, it is necessary to make a comprehensive judgment on the economy, safety, convenience of future maintenance and user satisfaction. .
2. As far as possible, the existing in-door concealed pipes should be used for laying in-house optical cables. For residential buildings with no in-pipe or unused in-house concealed pipes, it is advisable to lay butterfly-shaped optical cables by laying bellows in the building.
3. For residential buildings with vertical wiring bridges, corrugated pipes and floor transit boxes should be installed in the bridges for the introduction of butterfly-shaped optical cables. If there is no space for installing corrugated pipes in the bridge frame, the butterfly-shaped optical fiber cable should be wrapped with a winding tube to protect the optical cable.
Construction Steps of Drop Cable
1. Cabling of overhead support
1. Determine the route of laying the optical fiber cable, and investigate whether there are available supports for the installed outdoor optical fiber cable on the route. Generally, each supporting member can fix 8 outdoor optical fiber cables.
2. Choose the support and its installation position according to the principle of firm device, even interval, and conducive to maintenance.
3. Use the hoop steel band and hoop clamp to fix the hoop hook on the pole; use expansion screws and screws to fix the C-shaped hook on the outer wall, and for the wooden outer wall, you can directly fix the ring-shaped hook on it.
4. Separate the hanging wire of the outdoor covered optical cable, and tie the hanging cable to the S fixing piece, and then hang it on the support. When the length of the covered optical cable is more than 100 meters, it is better to start from the middle point. put.
5. Wrap the excess length of the optical fiber cable at the binding place of the outdoor leather optical fiber cable suspension wire and the S fixing member with a longitudinal wrapping tube.
6. Wrapped tubes should be used for wrapping protection at the intersection of outdoor covered optical fiber cables and other cables.
7. It is strictly forbidden to step on or jam the outdoor covered optical fiber cable during the whole cable laying process. If the outdoor covered optical fiber cable is damaged, consider re-laying.
Centralized residential fiber optic drop cable wiring requirements
Newly-built residential buildings (wire troughs and bridges have been installed)
Newly-built residential buildings with installed cable ducts and bridges are mainly used for laying optical fiber cables.
1. In the vertical direction of the building, the fiber optic drop cable should be laid in the weak current shaft with a cable bridge or cable trough. The cable bridge or cable trough should be made of metal. The cross-sectional utilization rate of the cable trough should not exceed 50. %.
2. Lay the sheathed fiber optic cable in the cable trough and keep it straight. The sheathed fiber optic cable should be tied and fixed at the entrance and exit of the cable trough and at the turn; the vertical cable trough endothelial cable should be fixed every 1.5m.
3. When the cable of the endothelial cable of the bridge is laid vertically, it is bound downward from the upper end of the sheathed cable and fixed every 1.5m. When it is laid horizontally, it should be tied at the beginning, end, turn and every 5-10m of the sheathed cable fixed.
4. Combine the wire slot and its accessories according to the actual situation on site. When cutting the straight slot, since the wire slot cover and the bottom slot are paired, it is generally not appropriate to deal with the wire slot cover and the bottom slot separately.
5. Put the sheathed fiber optic cable cloth into the trunking, and when closing the trunking cover, be careful not to pinch the trunked cable to the bottom slot.
OPTICO COMMUNICATION (www.fiberopticom.com) focuses on the development of fiber optic network communication product lines and provides a comprehensive solution to the fiber connectivity system components. We supply fiber optic components, such as fiber patch cord, PLC splitter, SFP transceiver, MTP/MPO, CWDM/DWDM, FTTH solution, Data center wiring solution, etc. All the products adopt strict quality standards in the production and inspection, ensuring excellent operation performance and good product stability, and safely and reliably ensuring the long-term use of products.
For more details, pls visit OPTICO website: www.fiberopticom.com.