The Difference Between SFP And SFP+
Many people are not clear about the difference between sfp and sfp+, so sometimes it causes unnecessary trouble. The 10G module has experienced the development from 300Pin, XENPAK, X2, XFP, and finally realized the transmission of 10G signals with the same size as SFP, which is SFP+. With its advantages such as miniaturization and low cost, SFP meets the high-density requirements of optical modules in the equipment. Since the standard was implemented in 2002, it has replaced XFP as the mainstream in the 10G market by 2010.
SFP+ optical module advantages:
1. SFP+ has a more compact size than X2 and XFP packages (same size as SFP);
2. Can be directly connected with XFP, X2, XENPAK of the same type;
3. Cost is lower than XFP, X2, XENPAK products.
The difference between SFP+ and SFP:
1. The appearance dimensions of SFP and SFP+ are the same;
2. SFP protocol specifications: IEEE802.3, SFF-8472;
The difference between SFP+ and XFP:
1. Both SFP+ and XFP are 10G fiber modules, and can communicate with other types of 10G modules;
2. The appearance size of SFP+ is smaller than that of XFP;
3. Because of the smaller size, SFP+ moves the signal modulation function, serial/deserializer, MAC, clock and data recovery (CDR), and electronic dispersion compensation (EDC) functions from the module to the motherboard card;
4. The agreement that XFP complies with: XFP MSA agreement;
5. SFP+ compliant protocols: IEEE 802.3ae, SFF-8431, SFF-8432;
6. SFP+ is a more mainstream design. A
3. SFP+ protocol specifications: IEEE 802.3ae, SFF-8431, SFF-8432.
The available optical SFP modules are generally divided into the following categories: MMF (SX) at 850 nm wavelength/550 m distance, SMF (LX) at 1310 nm wavelength/10 km distance, XD at 1550 nm wavelength/40 km distance, 80 km distance ZX, 120 km EX or EZX, and DWDM.
OPTICO COMMUNICATION (www.fiberopticom.com) focuses on the development of fiber optic network communication product lines and provides a comprehensive solution to the fiber connectivity system components. We supply fiber optic components, such as fiber patch cord, PLC splitter, SFP transceiver, MTP/MPO, CWDM/DWDM, FTTH solution, Data center wiring solution, etc. All the products adopt strict quality standards in the production and inspection, ensuring excellent operation performance and good product stability, and safely and reliably ensuring the long-term use of products.
For more details, pls visit OPTICO website: www.fiberopticom.com.