The Use Method And Precautions of WDM(Wavelength Division Multiplexer)
By using light of different laser wavelengths, the wavelength division multiplexer can realize multiplexing of different signals on a single optical fiber. A wavelength division multiplexer can maximize the capacity and wideband on a single fiber or dual fiber. It can combine signals of different wavelengths and transmit them on a single fiber, and split them into the original signal again at the end of the link, thereby reducing the number of required fiber jumpers and obtaining other independent data links. The following will introduce the use method and precautions of wavelength division multiplexer:
Preparation before installation: Only 9/125μm duplex single-mode fiber jumpers can be easily connected to the coarse wavelength division multiplexing/demultiplexer. The allowed wavelengths of the optical module are 1290nm, 1370nm, 1410nm, 1450nm, 1490nm, 1530nm, 1570nm and 1610nm.
In order to ensure the long-term reliable operation of the wavelength division multiplexer, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
1. Keep the ventilation holes of the equipment unobstructed.
2. Do not place the wavelength division multiplexer in a closed space, as this will prevent air circulation and cause the chassis temperature to be too high.
3. Do not place the power supply directly on top of the cell.
4.Keep the indoor environment dry.
System installation process:
1. Before installing the wavelength division multiplexer, please turn off all equipment.
2. The transmit and receive wavelengths at both ends of the optical module must be consistent. When installing a wavelength division multiplexer, each channel carries a specific wavelength optical module. Each optical module must be inserted into a specific channel and can only be used once in the system.
3. Before connecting the wavelength division multiplexer with a single-mode fiber jumper, you should first check whether the fiber interface is clean, which affects the stability of the network.
4. Turn on the system power.
1. When the optical module is not in use, a dust cap must be installed to prevent the optical module from being contaminated due to dust falling into it.
2. Regularly check the fiber jumper to see if there is any damage.
3. When connecting the optical module and the jumper, you must ensure that the optical fiber interface is clean.
OPTICO COMMUNICATION (www.fiberopticom.com) focuses on the development of fiber optic network communication product lines and provides a comprehensive solution to the fiber connectivity system components. We supply fiber optic components, such as fiber patch cord, PLC splitter, SFP transceiver, MTP/MPO, CWDM/DWDM, FTTH solution, Data center wiring solution, etc. All the products adopt strict quality standards in the production and inspection, ensuring excellent operation performance and good product stability, and safely and reliably ensuring the long-term use of products.
For more details, pls visit OPTICO website: www.fiberopticom.com.